Needless to say, wifi routers are the best in the world to avail internet connections. But who is the best in this business? Of course, it is the Netgear router. It is smart to deal with, easy to handle, possess the strongest internet connections, has great speed, and works wonders. So after you buy a Netgear router and log into it, you will get a defaulted username and password. This username and password have already been set from first for the router. Both the username and password are defaulted ones.
If you want you can use the defaulted password and username. But you must have heard of the risks of using default username and password, right? Since both the username and password are defaulted, like you, many other Netgear router users know about it. So, it will not take them much time to hack your internet connection. When you can estimate the risks, why step into it purposely!
So, a steady solution to this problem is to alter the defaulted username and password of the router. With this your network preferences can be customized, the security of the network strengthened, and some special features like parental control and many more can be enabled. Again, keep in mind that the defaulted login credentials are similar for all routers of the Netgear-brand.
Here are some steps that will lead you to log into Netgear router.
The whole process of Netgear Router login can be divided into two major steps. One is the logging in process of Netgear router, and another is dealing with the troubleshooting problems of Netgear login. Let’s take the two major steps into consideration and deal with them one by one. Both the steps have been further divided into further minor steps. Although they are minor, yet they make an important part of the whole process. So, missing out the steps will not lead you to the ultimate goal. Hence, check out the whole process in details.
1. In order to find out the sticker having the defaulted login information, you need to first examine your Netgear Router. Generally, most of the routers of Netgear possess a label that forecasts the defaulted address, default password and username.
2. Open an internet browser on your PC and login to HERE. If you do not get it, try out the following other options: 192.168.1.1 Site info, or http://192.168.1.1. Besides a wireless router, the browser can also be attached to an Ethernet cable.
3. Fill up the field of username with ‘admin’ and the field of the password with ‘password’. Actually, these are the default credentials for all routers of Netgear.
4. Next, click on ‘OK’. Therefore, you will be logged in to your router. Modify the settings as you desire.
When the default login username and password do not work, you need to reset your Netgear router. This will get back to the original factory settings. Also, your password and username will be reset too.
1. Switch on to the router and find out the restore factory settings in your device. Press and keep it held back for a few seconds. Hold it tight for 7 seconds unless and until you find the power light blinking.
2. Then, leave the button. Wait for a while for the device to restart. After it gets started, the power button will no more blink and get fixed to either a green or a solid white color.
3. Here, you need to repeat some steps. From Step 1, perform the second and the fourth steps again. This means you have to log in to here. If you do not find this particular URL not working, try out the others as has been provided above in the Step 1. After one URL matches, click OK.
4. If you are being unable to login to your router, it is better that you use a different Ethernet port or Ethernet cable. A flawed Ethernet will not promote you to get access to the settings of your Netgear router.
5. If you still face problems for not being able to access to the admin page of your Netgear router, it is better that you change the 192.168.1.1 IP address of your computer.
Lastly, avoid accessing pop-ups and firewalls.